08:00 Registration and breakfast
09:00 Opening remarks
09:10 Mining investment leaders panel: Investing through the cycle – Appetite, investment approaches and buying signals
• Deal activity, valuations and capital raises: What current market metrics tell us about where we are in the mining investment cycle
• Trade war: Impact on metals demand and investment flows
• Investor preferences for this stage in the mining cycle: Hold for the upswing, or get proactive?
• What should mining companies be focusing their business efforts towards in 2019/20? – Continued capital discipline or investment in new projects?
• The next mining boom? – When will the shortage of new projects translate into higher metals prices?
Peter Akerley,President, CEO & Director, Erdene Resource Development
John Ellis,Investment Manager, APAC Resources
David Teng, MD & Chief Analyst, Fosun Resources Group
Greg Fournier, Managing Director & Head, Investment Banking, CIBC
Jorge Ramiro Monroy, Managing Director,Emerging Markets Capital
10:00 Richard Young, President and CEO, Teranga Gold
10:10 Pete Dougherty, President & CEO, Argonaut Gold
10:20 Daniel Major, CEO, GoviEx Uranium
10:30 Anthony Hall, Executive Director, American Pacific Borate & Lithium
10:40 Elaine Sanders, VP & CFO, Trilogy Metals
10:50 Coffee & networking
11:20 China outbound investor insights: Outbound investment ramping up?
• Where next for China’s outbound dealflow – accelerating or slowing?
• From gold to technology metals: Investment preferences of China’s leading outbound mining investors
• How China’s drive for lower emissions is shaping demand for mined commodities – less thermal coal, more battery metals?
• Building successful cross-border partnerships – lessons from successful transactions and pitfalls to avoid
Pan Guocheng, CEO/Vice Chairman, Hanking Industrial Group
Keith Spence, President & Partner, Global Mining Capital
Maya Chen, Investment Director, Pengxin International Mining
Richie Xie, MD & Head of North Asia & Greater China Energy & Natural Resources, Standard Chartered
12:00 Steve Parsons, Managing Director, Bellevue Gold
12:10 Paul Andre Huet, Chairman & CEO, RNC Minerals
12:20 Danila Kotlyarov, CFO, IRC Ltd
12:30 Peter Akerley, President & CEO, Erdene Resource Development
12:40 Russell Starr, Director, Canada Nickel
13:00 Lunch and networking
14:00 Mining company CEO presentations
14:00 Robin Young, CEO, Amur Minerals
14:10 Victor Cantore, CEO, Amex Exploration
14:20 Brett Richards, Chairman & CEO, Banro Corporation
14:30 Geoff Eyre, CFO, Avesoro Resources
14:40 Mine finance panel: Junior mining investment dealflow – Capital raising and growth strategies through the downcycle
• How much capital is available for mining development projects and which projects are getting funded?
• Non-bank project finance, off-takes, royalties, streams and PE – Alternative options for miners and investors towards the bottom of the cycle
• The implications of a funding squeeze on the global mine development pipeline
• What can mining companies do to attract investors back into the sector?
• Is preserving and returning cash to shareholders a sustainable strategy in an industry requiring resource replacement?
Jorge Ramiro Monroy,Managing Director, Emerging Markets Capital
15:20 Scott Williamson, Managing Director,Blackstone Minerals
15:30 John Downie, Managing Director, Pure Minerals
15:40 Steve Promnitz, Managing Director, Lake Resources
15:50 Robin Birchall, CEO, Giyani Metals
16:00 Battery panel:: A new bull market for battery metals on the way?
• Update on the launch and uptake of new EVs – When will EVs and ICEs reach price parity?
• To what extent has the US-China trade war intensified competition to secure supply chains for battery raw materials and how can investors benefit?
• The growing role of governments in funding the necessary exploration for strategic metals
• Valuations and deal-flow in 2019/20 – Are we entering a new bull market for battery materials?
Mark Newman, Managing Director & Senior Analyst, Sanford Bernstein
Jon Hykawy, President & Director, Stormcrow Capital
Cormac O’Laoire, Lithium-ion Battery Technology Director, Electrios
David Whittingham, Group Vice President, FSG
16:40 Day one wrap-up and Pool Lounge Drinks Reception