08:00 Registration and breakfast
08:50 Opening remarks
09:00 Mining investment leaders panel: Current appetite for investment across the cycle
• Investor preferences for this stage in the mining cycle
• Appetite, investment approaches and buying signals
• Where are we in the mining investment cycle – how can we best prepare for what’s to come?
Andrew Ballingal,Director, Founder, CEO, CIO & Fund Manager,Ballingal Investment Advisors
Andrew Ferguson, CEO, APAC Resources
09:40 Mining company CEO presentations
10:40 China outbound investor insights: Where are China’s top resources investors directing their money?
• Commodity preferences and key jurisdictions of interest for China’s leading mining investors
• Building successful cross-border partnerships lessons from successful transactions and pitfalls to avoid
• State of outbound investment flows 2020
Than Su Ee, Managing Director, China-ASEAN Capital Advisory Co.
Guocheng Pan, CEO/Vice Chairman, Hanking Industrial Group
11:20 Mining company CEO presentations
12:20 Industry keynote: Insights into China’s EV ecosystem
• Industry insider perspective on opportunities within China’s EV market and what this signals for the battery metals market
• Investments to secure the supply chain of battery raw materials
• Outlook for the launch of low-cost EVs in 2020 and beyond
Ken Hoffman, Co-Head EV Battery Materials, McKinsey & Company
13:00 Lunch and networking
14:00 Mine finance panel: Capital sources and availability for the market
• Where we are in the commodity cycle and how this impacts ability to raise money
• The effect of the global economy on the availability of credit and impact
• Private funding vs public capital markets – Where lies the future of mine finance?
• Investment strategies and selection criteria
• How to invest in junior mining stocks
Kevin McElligott, Managing Director, Australia, Franco-Nevada
Bert Koth, Managing Director & Partner, Denham Capital
Stephen Motteram, Global Head of Asset Development, Noble Group
Jorge Ramiro Monroy, Director, Emerging Markets Capital
14:40 Mining company CEO presentations
15:40 PGM investment outlook: Record pricing due to expected supply scarcity
• Understanding key supply and demand fundamentals for palladium – Where can we expect supply to come from given its chronic undersupply?
• Impact of regulatory requirements in auto emissions standards on PGMs and how the market can prepare for growing demand
• Platinum vs palladium – Price impacts on future demand
16:00 Mining company CEO presentations
16:50 Decarbonization and the opportunities for mining industry
• Which metals will be key beneficiaries from the growth of renewable power?
• From platinum to copper – Metals to meet the construction requirements for future power grids
• Hydrogen fuel cells vs li-ion batteries – Winners and losers in the EV revolution
• Options to replace thermal coal as a fuel source – What are the investment opportunities and risks
Clive Whittington, Managing Director, C.M. Whittington and Associates
Cormac O’Laoire, Lithium-ion Battery Technology Director, Electrios
David Whittingham, Managing Director, Frontier Strategic Resources
17:30 Day one wrap-up and drinks reception