08:00 Registration and morning coffee
08:50 Conference opening
09:00 Special Guest Interview with:
George Fang, Executive Director, Senior Executive Vice, President, Zijin Mining Group
09:20 Mining Investment Leaders Panel: Mining investment 2019 – mining at an inflection point?
• After a subdued 2018, is the sector gearing up for a rebound in 2019?
• From trade wars to economic stimulus – how will political factors help and/or hinder the sector in 2019
• Capital deployment – to what extent should miners be looking to invest in growth in 2019 to satisfy future demand?
• Key growth drivers and investment opportunities in 2019
Warren Gilman, Chairman, CEF Holdings
Scott Marsh, Portfolio Manager, Hawkes Point Capital
Andrew Ferrier, Investment Director, Pacific Road Capital
Julian Babarczy, Portfolio Manager & Head of Australian Equities, Regal Funds Management
10:00 Mining company CEO briefings
10:00 George Lloyd, Corporate Development, PT Merdeka Copper Gold
10:10 Richard Young, President & CEO, Teranga Gold
10:20 Mark Zeptner, Managing Director, Ramelius Resources
10:30 Shane Sikora, Managing Director, Rumble Resources
10:40 Peter Albert, CEO, Highfield Resources
10:50 Trevor Benson,, Executive Chairman, Walkabout Resources
11:00 Analyst insight: China commodity price trends and market outlook to 2020
• Trade war to be resolved or to continue? Why there are reasons for optimism either way
• China’s capacity for stimulus and other potential drivers for demand growth: Belt & Road, Made in China 2025 etc.
• Domestic mining: Where next for production cuts?
• Impact on base, bulks and speciality metals prices
Ian Roper, General Manager, SMM Singapore
11:30 Mining company CEO briefings
11:30 Daniel Major, CEO, GoviEx Uranium
11:40 Paul Burton, Managing Director, TNG Ltd
11:50 Alwyn Vorster, Managing Director, BCI Minerals
12:00 David Mason, Managing Director, Dark Horse Resources
12:10 Geoff Eyre, CFO, Avesoro Resources
12:20 James Fox, Managing Director & CEO, PNX Metals
12:30 Stephen Wetherall, Managing Director & CEO, Lucapa Diamond
12:40 Rick Van Nieuwenhuyse, President & CEO, Trilogy Metals
12:50 David Paull, Managing Director, Aspire Mining
13:00 Lunch and networking
14:00 Funding options for mining entrepreneurialism
Bert Koth, Managing Director & Partner, Denham Capital
14:30 Mining company CEO briefings
14:30 Peter Hambro,Chairman, IRC limited
14:40 Sam Spring, President & CEO, Kincora Copper
14:50 Jeremy Read, Managing Director, Pursuit Minerals
15:00 Lindsay Owler, Director & CEO, Argonaut Resources
15:10 Sergei Stefanovich, Managing Director, Orsu Metals
15:20 David Grondin, President & CEO, TomaGold
15:30 Commodity focus panel: Gold mining investment outlook – The hottest commodity in 2019?
• Supply, demand and price outlook for 2019
• How did gold mining equities perform in 2018 and how are macro factors driving performance in 2019
• To what extent has a strong dollar masked strong gold performance?
• With gold producers performing strongly in 2019, should we expect a wave of M&A and consolidation this year?
• How to play the gold mining equities market in 2019/20
Andrew Ballingal, CEO & CIO, Ballingal Investment Advisors
Samson Li, Senior Metals Analyst, GFMS Refinitiv
Richard Young, President & CEO, Teranga Gold
16:10 Mining company CEO briefings
16:10 Tom Sanders, Executive Chairman, Breaker Resources
16:20 Paul Cronin, Director, Adriatic Metals
16:30 Maximilian Sali, CEO, Barrian Mining
16:40 Nick Castleden, Managing Director, Apollo Consolidated
16:50 Day one wrap-up
17:00 Day one wrap-up and Pool Lounge Drinks Reception