08:30 Registration and breakfast
08:50 Opening remarks
09:00 Commodities outlook: Analysts’ picks for commodities winners and losers in 2020/21
• Winners and losers across the commodities spectrum: Our panellists’ picks of the hottest and coldest metals and minerals in 2020
• Discussing the impact of the current geo-political environment on supply side opportunities
• Outlook on commodity demand trends – where do we see the market moving this year?
John Forwood, Chief Investment Officer, Lowell Resources Fund
Warren Gilman, Founder, Chairman, and CEO, Queen’s Road Central Capital
Helen Lau, Analyst, Metals & Mining Research, Argonaut
Clyde Russell, Asia Commodities and Energy Columnist,Thomson Reuters
09:40 Mining company CEO presentations
10:40 ESG considerations for investors into junior mining projects
• How investor demand for ESG compliance is impacting flows into the junior mining sector
• How juniors can meet ESG requirements with limited resources
• How mining stocks can be incorporated into an ethical investment strategy
• Role that mining companies will play in decarbonisation
Felix Lam, Head of Energy and Materials Research,CCB International Securities
Gabriel Wilson Otto, Head of Stewardship, Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas Asset Management
11:20 Mining company CEO presentations
12:20 Copper investment outlook: Weak economic growth expectations vs future supply crunch
• Where next for the copper price in 2020 and beyond?
• How do we get investment back on track to help enable crucial energy transitions towards more renewable sources?
• How much is the EV market impacting copper demand? What are the implications for future supply?
Yi Zhu, Global Head of Metals & Mining,Bloomberg Intelligence
12:40 Lunch and networking
13:40 Mining company CEO presentations
14:40 Nickel investment outlook: Are rising prices here to stay?
• Impacts of Indonesia’s nickel ore export ban
• Where is the price of nickel expected to go next?
• How do current supply/demand dynamics play into this?
• Low capex HPAL – Myth or potential market disruptor?
Xu Aidong, Chief Analyst, Argonaut Beijing Antaike Information Co.
15:10 Mining company CEO presentations
16:00 Gold investment outlook: Predictions for the outlook for gold price and equities in 2020
• Exploration trends and new drilling campaigns – Opportunities for investment
• What price does gold need to reach to spark a new gold rush?
• ETF inflows vs individual mining stocks – Where is the smart money going?
• Physical gold investment outlook in 2020
Sunil Kashyap, Managing Director, Scotiabank
Samson Li, Senior Metals Demand Analyst, Refinitiv GFMS
Thomas Puppendahl,Founder & Managing Partner, Chancery Asset Management
17:00 Event wrap-up and closing drinks reception