08:00 Registration and morning coffee
09:00 Conference opening
09:10 Investing in battery metals
• Outlook for battery metals and background to new fund
• Timing the launch of a new battery metals fund – Why now?
• Investment criteria – Opportunities in exploration and development stage mining projects
• Strategies for mitigating country risk when developing mining projects
Erik Prince, Chairman, Frontier Resource Group
09:40 Mining company CEO briefings
11:00 China Mining Investment Leaders Panel: Outbound investment leaders outlook 2019
• Update on outbound deal flow
• Investment criteria of China’s outbound investors
• Trade war cooling down: Impact on metals demand and investment flows as US-China relations improve
• Strategies for overseas companies seeking offtakes and financing from China
Than Su Ee, Managing Director, China ASEAN Investment Co-operation Fund
Hongyu Cai, Managing Director, Investment Banking, CICC
Leo Zhao, Managing Director & CEO, Zhaojin International Mining
11:40 Mining company CEO briefings
12:40 Analysts insight: Uranium outlook 2020
• Production expectations for the world’s top producers in 2019 – cuts set to continue?
• How quickly can supply be brought back online in the event of a supply deficit?
• Inventories held by the world’s key uranium consumers
• What will structural undersupply in the uranium market do to prices in 2019?
13:00 Lunch and networking
14:00 Mining company CEO briefings
15:00 Analyst insight: Copper outlook 2019
• Supply, demand and price outlook for 2019
• Identifying bottlenecks in the copper supply chain
• Impact of copper price on investment into new projects
• Where are new projects being discovered and developed to meet future demand?
15:30 Mining company CEO briefings
16:20 Commodity focus: Raw materials for the EV revolution
• EV global sales trends and infrastructure roll-out in 2019
• Why has there been a market correction in the battery metals space and where do we go from here?
• Lithium supply/demand analysis
• Cobalt: overhyped or oversold?
• Nickel: update on new battery grade nickel sulphate production pipelines and potential market impact
• Timing re-entry into battery materials space
Clive Whittington, Managing Director, C.M.Whittington & Associates
17:00 Conference close and farewell drinks