08:00 Registration and breakfast
09:00 Day two opening
09:10 Economist keynote: Tariffs, investment flows and strategic rivalries – Macro-outlook for the mining industry in 2020
• Trade wars and resource nationalism: threats and opportunities for the mining investor
• Currencies and commodity prices – Examining the outlook for inflation and interest rate rises in the US and the impact on metals prices
• Winners and losers across the commodities spectrum as the world moves towards renewables and funds demand greater consideration for ESG
• Where next for global stock markets: how will mining equities perform relative to global stock indices?
Helen Lau, Analyst, Metals & Mining Research, Argonaut
Warren Gilman, Chairman & CEO, Queen’s Road Central Capital
09:50 Guest keynote: Exploring outbound investment opportunities in Uranium
• CGN Mining – history, investment opportunities, growth plans, and more
• What you look for in potential investments – criteria for investing
• De-carbonization of China and what this means for CGN Mining and the China nuclear market
Chen Deshao, Chief Financial Officer, CGN Mining
10:20 Mining company CEO briefings
11:30 Rare earths investment outlook: Is a new boom in REEs on the way?
• Know your rare earth elements: Uses, supply chains and processing challenges – what to look for in a potential investment
• To what extent will China use its dominance in the rare earth supply chain as a bargaining chip in the US-China Trade dispute?
• As high-tech manufacturing industries in the US and third countries seek secure supply chains, what opportunities does this create for mining investors?
• Why was the last boom in the REEs sector so short lived and will this time be different?
12:00 Mining company CEO presentations
13:00 Lunch and networking
14:00 Copper investment outlook: The approaching supplyside squeeze
• Global copper consumption outlook: How significant is the electrification of transportation on total copper usage?
• From Zambia, Peru, DRC and Chile: To what extent could community action, strikes and resource nationalism in key copper producing regions cause a supply-side shock?
• Price outlook for 2020
• Where are the significant new copper discoveries being made?
14:30 Mining company CEO presentations
15:00 Nickel investment outlook:Identifying opportunities in a multi-speed sector
• Outlook for stainless steel production
• Update on demand for high purity nickel sulphate for Li-ion batteries
• A look at new Indonesian HPAL projects: Can they meet their low cost of production targets?
• Demand for suitable feedstock for nickel sulphate production plants – opportunities for new entrants and potential for price premiums in this sector?
Linda Zhang, Metals Analyst, Wood Mackenzie
15:30 Mining company CEO presentations
16:10 Commodity focus panel: Gold mining investment outlook 2020
• Where next for the gold price and underlying gold mining equities?
• Return cash to investors or invest in growth? How can miners attract new shareholders while avoiding a future supply-side crunch?
• Resource replacement through M&A – what opportunities this creates for investors?
• Where are gold mining investors putting their money in 2019/20 – Projects, countries and management teams to watch
Sunil Kashyap, MD, Head of Asia – Scotia Mocatta, Scotiabank
Kevin McElligott, Managing Director Australia, Franco-Nevada
Felix Lam, Head of Energy & Materials Research, CCB International
Samson Li, Senior Metals Analyst – GFMS, Refinitiv
17:00 Close of conference and farewell drinks
See you in Sydney!