• What has been working well for the mining sector and how can companies win over institutional investors in 2019?
• Are smaller companies being starved of capital? Is this a phase and when could capital permeate down to the junior tier?
• Key economic indicators investors are watching – trade war concerns, quicker-than-expected slowdown in China, faltering global economic growth expectations, rises in interest rates
• Improving reputation for economic gain – after recent events, how can mining justify a “licence to operate” in global jurisdictions – working with local communities, governments and end consumers of their products?
Cailey Barker, Director, Natural Resources, BlackRock
Neil Gregson, Portfolio Manager, JP Morgan Global Natural Resources Fund
• Demand drivers for base metals – Implications of the electrification narrative on demand
• Tracking economic discoveries within base metals – where are the producing mines of the future?
• Are new mines bring brought into production fast enough to satisfy global demand increases?
David Wilson, Commodity Strategist, Freepoint Commodities
• Is there enough capital circulating the industry at present and how much is filtering down to the junior tier?
• Project finance, off-takes, royalties and streams; how are alternatives balancing against other forms of equity finance available?
• In structuring, negotiation and executing deals how do the goals of financier and miner align for a win-win result?
• Has the lending environment evolved; are non-bank project financiers changing the dynamic of debt markets?
Adam Howard, Principal Banker, EBRD
Philip Clegg, Portfolio Manager,Orion Resource Partners
Richard Shemesian, Director, Bennelong Venture Capital
• Are there enough projects out in the market that stack up to institutional investors rigorous due diligence?
• If global growth continues to fall quicker than expected, how confident are investors of management teams to genuinely deliver over the coming 12 months?
• Increasing dividends, defensive credentials, reducing costs, debt free – How can miners gain greater investor confidence across 2019?
Julian Treger, CEO, Anglo Pacific
David Street, Principal, Tembo Capital
Rob Crayfourd, Co-Portfolio Manager, NCIM