• With the mining industry in need of new capital now, are metal shortages inevitable? Will investors be enticed to buy into improved fundamentals?
• When will the period of dividend focus ease off and the appetite for building and buying return? Could capital permeate down to the junior tier if reputation returns?
• Key economic drivers capturing leading funds attention in 2020 – quicker-than-expected slowdown in China, interest rates, global economic growth?
• Developing projects insnt getting easier with geological and political and above ground risks – What will it take for new projects to get the green light?
Caily Barker, Director, BlackRock
Neil Gregson, Portfolio Manager, JP Morgan Global Natural Resources Fund
Mark Burridge, Managing Partner, Baker Steel Capital
Hans-Arne L’orange, Head of Metals & Mining, Clarksons Platou Securities
• Making sense of the pysical and financial markets today
• What lies ahead for commodities – Demand outlook and supply gaps
• Update on China – growth, outward investment and policy driven activity
• How promising is the new market for EVs and clenaer fuels for metals demand?
• Capital flowing into resource replacement
Colin Hamilton, MD, Commodities Research,BMO
• A private equity fund manager’s view on the state of mining markets
• What are some of the in-house macro themes driving mining private equity investments?
• Competing for the best assets – is competition beginning to pinch for the best projects?
• How do portfolio managers leverage a global, multicommodity network to complement existing mining teams?
• How is ESG critical in the investment decision making process?
Bert Koth, Partner, Denham Capital Senior representative, Resource Capital Funds
Mike Price, London Representative,Resource Capital Funds
David Street, Partner,Tembo Capital
• What is the best approach to the mining sector in the current market?
• What does a good mining investment look like and are there enough projects available?
• Can innovation and strong company performance minimizing investors exposure to commodity price dips?
• What powers do nimble juniors bring bear in current markets?
• Increasing dividends, defensive credentials, reducing costs, debt free – How will miners win back investors in 2020?
Rob Crayfourd, Portfolio Manager, NCIM