• How are mining shares expected to perform in 2018 compared to global equities? Is mining in a cyclical sweet-spot?
• Is there enough capital in the sector at present? Will strong global demand sustain?
• What should mining companies be focusing their business efforts towards in 2018? – regaining investors trust, issuing more dividends or focusing on resource replacement and longer-term growth projects
Mark Burridge, Managing Partner, Baker Steel
Cailey Barker, Director, Natural Resources, BlackRock
Neil Gregson, Portfolio Manager, JP Morgan Global Natural Resources Fund
• Where are we now and what lies ahead for metals and minerals?
• Price forecast and expectations for the metals and minerals sector
• China growth and policy – what the Belt and Road could mean for metals markets
• EVs – a promising new market for metals demand?
• Resource replacement – are enough mined ounces being replaced? Could limited supply growth lead towards a bull market?
Colin Hamilton, Managing Director – Commodities Research, BMO
• Has mining’s current revival been powered in part by demand for battery commodities amid the transition to cleaner energy systems?
• Lithium oversupply fears – are investors right to be cautious of a price crash? Will a second opportunity of undervalued lithium mining stocks arise?
• Assessing global conversion capacity of battery grade chemicals – will China continue to control global supply?
• Recycling – How much lithium and cobalt can be recycled from a Li-ion battery?
• Which battery metals will present upside in the near to mid-term?
Rebecca Gordon, Head of Technology Metals & Energy, CRU Group
• Are we entering an exploration-led market with an unprecedented need to replace mined ounces
• How have exploration finance strategies evolved since 2015’s market bottom and how do sophisticated fund managers view the current and future opportunities in the exploration segment of the industry?
• How should mining management teams balance cost discipline versus exploration spend and the need to replace mined ounces?
• What is private equity’s appetite for exploration financing? Time lines, exits and returns
Mike Patterson, Investment Associate – Deal Team, Resource Capital Funds
Kevin Fox, Managing Director, Rio Tinto Ventures
Matt Piggott, Head of Research, S&P Global
• Global nickel market supply, demand and price forecasts
• Bifurcation in the nickel market as the price for nickel sulphate uncouples from overall nickel market trends
• High purity nickel sulphate: Price premiums and demand opportunities
• Production processes, costs and profit margins across the high purity nickel and nickel sulphate market: What an investor needs to know
Jim Lennon, Managing Director, Red Door Research
Clive Whittington, Managing Director, C M Whittington & Associates