•At the current gold price, will we see generalists rotate capital out of passive ETFs and options on the metals and put it back into gold and silver equities?
• Investor views on gold mining equities’ recent weakness and correlation to the market sell-off
• Drawing parallels between this market and the 2008 financial crisis – could gold stocks experience a strong rebound?
• Will market risk shift generalists into hedge strategies and boost physical gold? How can we expect the gold price to react?
• How have major miners through to the junior set been performing?
• Is organic growth back on the agenda with bigger exploration budgets or will M&A continue to dominate in the precious sector?
Angelos Damascos, CEO & Founder Sector Resource Managers
• Transitions in how capital is formed for junior companies – how are traditional and alternative forms of project finance helping tackle the liquidity gap left by public markets?
• Where are specialist PE funds seeing the opportunities at the junior tier?
• As a key part of the capital raising journey how is the bank lending environment evolving?
• How reactive and willing can alternative lenders be to restructure facilities and allocate new capital in the face of project delays, cost overruns etc?
• How do financiers balance maintaining an appropriate level of control over a project without being too onerous and conflicting project outcomes?
Huw Williams, Senior Banker, EBRD
Mark Sawyer, Senior Partner, Greenstone Resources
• Industry mega trends changing the demand outlook – how are shifts in the batteries and EV market impacting the outlook for cobalt?
• Supply-side scenarios, prevalent risks and potential bottlenecks – is there potential for a price boom period?
• Capital flows into new projects – where are there new opportunities for investors?
• Cobalt juniors realistic expectations from investors and financiers
George Heppel, Senior Analyst, Cobalt, Lithium & Battery Markets, CRU
• Quantifying the next 10 years of materials demands from the battery sector
• Supply chain developments and potential bottle necks – from raw materials through to final battery cells
• Battery megafactorys ramping up – who will dominate?
George Heppel,Senior Analyst, Cobalt, Lithium & Battery Market, CRU
Simon Gardner-Bond, Senior Executive Vice President, Techmet