• Where are investors seeing value in small to mid-cap juniors?
• What are the expectations and time horizon on returns of private equity in the current market?
• What are the stand-out features a mining junior needs to attract investors at this point in the cycle?
• Appetite for early stage exploration and greenfield projects
• Charting jurisdictional preference – is there a sovereign risk premium for certain junior mining stocks?
Alain Corbani, Head of Commodities, Portfolio Manager, Finance SA
Robert Crayfourd, Portfolio Manager, New City Investment Managers
Mark Sawyer, Senior Partner, Greenstone Resources
David Street, Invesment Manager, Tembo Capital
• Are investors speculating again or focusing on the majors and remaining conservative?
• How have equities performed? Has the gold sector been overlooked for other hot streaks in bitcoin, battery metals, global equities?
• Will investors come back into gold mining stocks in 2018?
• From interest rates to global geo-political uncertainty – factors impacting the gold price in 2018
• What do the leading precious metals funds look for when assessing a mining company?
Terence van der Hout, Fund Manager, Commodity Discovery Fund
Angelos Damaskos, Fund Manager, Junior Gold Fund / Sector Investors
Dr. Torsten Dennin, Founder & CEO, Lynkeus Capital
Cathy Mosies, Head of Research, Patersons Securities
• How available is mine finance to the junior sector at present? What size of project can get funding?
• How should mining companies think about maintaining their share price during the transition to production?
• Access and availability of debt – are banks becoming more confident in the industry again?
• Investment and innovation at the mine face: can mines accelerate discovery and de-risk exploration investment through investing in the right technologies and processes?
Mark Tyler, London Representative, Auramet
Pim Kalisvaart, Portfolio Manager, Hawke’s Point Capital
Michael Barton, Portfolio Manager, Orion Mine Finance
• The potential for blockchain’s successful application to the mining industry
• Can the ICO model work for the mining sector to meet projects finance need for early stage high-risk development capital?
• Would cryptocurrencies open mining companies to a new and untapped generation of retail investor?
• What do blockchain technologies offer in terms of verifying the provenance and ownership of precious metals?
Lewis Fellas, CIO, Bletchley Park Capital