• Has general optimism across mining permeated down to the junior sector yet?
• Identifying under-valued small-cap producers with high grades and lower costs of capital – are there enough out there?
• With the need to replace mined ounces, is early stage exploration back on investors radar? How can investors recognise a winning technical team?
• What are some of the value destructive actions from last up-cycle juniors must be cautious of?
• What longer-term approaches should miners consider now – appeasing shareholders vs growth
Rob Crayfourd, Portfolio Manager, New City Investment Managers
Mark Burridge, Managing Partner, Portfolio Manager, Baker Steel
• Developments in electric vehicle markets
• Evolution in battery technologies for auto manufacturers
• Supply and demand impacts on associated battery materials
Wolfgang Bernhart, Senior Partner, Automotive, Roland Berger
• Demand for power generation – where does uranium fit
• Impacts of production cuts in Kazakhstan and USA
• Outlook for uranium stocks – a question of when not if?
Torsten Dennin,Founder & CEO, Lynkeus Capital
• Why have gold mining stocks underperformed when prices have been relatively stable and the sector is experiencing recovery?
• With speculative capital looking elsewhere, and a great deal of passive money in gold funds, where is the value investing in gold stocks? What will get shareholders excited again?
• What have been the stumbling blocks over wider M&A activity?
• In a bull market what weightings should be given to gold and silver equities?
Angelos Damaskos,CEO, Sector Investments & Junior Gold Fund
Willem Middelkoop, Founder, Commodity Discovery Fund
• Supply side risk – Are automakers and OEMs right to have concerns over reliability of supply sources for raw battery materials? Will producers be able to bring supply online fast enough?
• How much capital is needed to flow into battery metals sector to meet global demand projections?
• Are improvements in battery storage and alternative chemical mixes altering the demand equation for materials like Lithium, Nickel, Vanadium and Cobalt?
Jack Lifton, Independent consultant & commentator
Livio Filice, Global Energy Storage Executive
Have a great end to the year – see you in Cape Town on 4-5 Feb 2019