Asante is a gold exploration, development and operating company with a high-quality portfolio of projects and mines in Ghana. Asante is currently operating the Bibiani and Chirano Gold Mines with a combined forecast production of 335,000 oz of gold over the next 12 months. The Company continues with detailed technical studies at its Kubi Gold Project for early production. All mines and projects are located on the prolific Bibiani and Ashanti Gold Belts. Asante has an experienced and skilled team of mine finders, builders and operators, with extensive experience in Ghana. Asante is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange, the Ghana Stock Exchange and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Asante is also exploring its Keyhole, Fahiakoba and Betenase projects for new discoveries, all adjoining or along strike of major gold mines near the centre of Ghana’s Golden Triangle. Additional information is available on the Company’s website at www.asantegold.com.
About the Bibiani Gold Mine
Bibiani is a historically significant gold mine situated in the Western Region of Ghana, with previous gold production of more than 4Moz. It is fully permitted with available mining and processing infrastructure on-site consisting of a newly refurbished 3 million tonne per annum process plant, and existing mining infrastructure. Mining commenced in late February with the first gold pour announced on July 7, 2022, with forecast 12 month gold production of 175,000 oz.
For additional information relating to the mineral resource and mineral reserve estimates for the Bibiani Gold Mine, please refer to Asante’s press releases dated July 18, 2022 and September 1, 2022 and the technical report titled “NI 43-101 Technical Report, Bibiani Gold Project, Ghana, West Africa”, dated August 31, 2022 (with an effective date of February 28, 2022) filed on its SEDAR profile (www.sedar.com) on September 1, 2022.
About the Chirano Gold Mine
Chirano is an operating open-pit and underground mining operation located in Western North region of Ghana, immediately south of the Company’s Bibiani Gold Mine. Chirano was first explored and developed in 1996 and began production in October 2005. The mine comprises the Akwaaba, Suraw, Akoti South, Akoti North, Akoti Extended, Paboase, Tano, Obra South, Obra, Sariehu and Mamnao open pits and the Akwaaba and Paboase underground mines. Gold Equivalent Production in 2021 was 154,668 oz on a 100% basis (source Kinross Gold Corporation).
For additional information relating to the mineral resource and mineral reserve estimates for Chirano, please refer to Asante’s press release dated October 11, 2022 and the technical report titled “NI 43-101 Technical Report, Chirano Gold Mine, Ghana, West Africa”, dated September 30, 2022 (with an effective date of December 31, 2021) filed on its SEDAR profile (www.sedar.com) on October 11, 2022.
Ghanaian Retail – 33.40%
Management & Insiders – 13.56%
Emiral Resources – 13.80%
Fujairah Holdings – 11.10%
Kinross – 8%
Others – 20.60%
Dave Anthony – President & CEO
Resident of Canada, Mr. David Anthony has +40 years’ experience in mine project development and operation. His experience includes mine and process plant design, permitting, construction and operation. He has also worked in Canada, Ecuador, Brazil, Indonesia, Chile and Argentina to design, deliver and operate open pit and underground mine assets with CAPEX from $100 million to $3.6 billion and with total material movement to 65 million tonnes per year. David holds a B.Sc. Mining Engineering from Queen’s University.
Mr. Anthony joined Asante as Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) in July 2021 responsible to build and lead the Company operations team to refurbish the Bibiani Mine and to become a significant gold producer. Before joining Asante he was COO of Cardinal Resources Limited, which developed the 5 million oz (reserve) Namdini gold deposit and project execution plan, prior to its purchase by Shandong Gold for more than US$500 million. Previous positions include working with Barrick in Africa for 10 years where he became COO of African Barrick Gold.
Malik Easah – Executive Director
Mr. Easah was a founding Director of Cardinal Resources Limited where he spearheaded the acquisition of all tenements and played a key role in the discovery and development of the seven million-ounce Namdini Gold Project in Northern Ghana. Cardinal Resources was recently purchased by Shandong Gold Company for ~AUS$600 million. Mr. Easah has over fifteen years of exploration, mining, and project development experience; is a resident of Ghana.
Asante is a gold exploration, development and operating company with a high-quality portfolio of projects and mines in Ghana. Asante is currently operating the Bibiani and Chirano Gold Mines with a combined forecast production of 335,000 oz of gold over the next 12 months. The Company continues with detailed technical studies at its Kubi Gold Project for early production.
We are looking for on market support to finance our recent acquisition Chirano Gold Mine. Chirano NI 43-101 highlights significant exploration upside in addition to the developed 11 km of the Chirano Shear Zone.
1. Asante Gold Closes C$102.26 Million Private Placement – March 2, 2022
2. Asante Gold Announces Management Changes – March 8, 2022
3. Asante Announces Purchase of Chirano Gold Mine in Ghana – April 25, 2022
4. Asante Gold Announces Bibiani Gold Mine Start of Process Plant Operations – June 2, 2022
5. Asante Gold to Commence Trading on the Ghana Stock Exchange – June 29, 2022
6. Asante Announces First Gold Pour at Bibiani Gold Mine – July 7, 2022
7. Asante Announces US$140M Forward Gold Purchase Agreement – July 15, 2022
8. Asante Announces Updated NI 43-101 Technical Report for the Bibiani Gold Mine – July 26, 2022
9. Asante Announces Closing of Acquisition of the Chirano Gold Mine in Ghana – August 10, 2022
10. Asante Gold Announces Additional Significant Gold Intercepts From The South Russel Prospect – Bibiani Gold Mine, Ghana – August 17, 2022
11. Asante Gold Announces Filing Of Ni 43-101 Technical Report For The Kubi Gold Project – August 31, 2022
12. Asante Announces Filing Of Ni 43-101 Technical Report For The Bibiani Gold Mine – September 1, 2022
13. Asante Gold Receives Conditional Approval To List On The TSX Venture Exchange – October 11, 2022
14. Asante confirms payments for Bibiani Gold Mine and Gold Forward Purchase – October 20, 2022
15. Asante Announces Commercial Production At The Bibiani Gold Mine – November 10, 2022
The Company is forecasting 335,000 oz of gold production over the next 12 months
Our land is rich for high grade gold – a lot of potential