Alta Zinc is an emerging ASX-listed exploration and development company focused on unlocking dormant value at the Gorno Project. Gorno is an historic high-grade zinc mine in industrialised Northern Italy, proximal to smelters and key infrastructure and with a track record of producing high quality clean concentrates to European Smelters. Drilling of known brownfields high-grade targets over the next 12-18 months aims to deliver immediate news-flow and strengthen the current Resource inventory. Subsequent project development will leverage off the existing underground infrastructure, simple metallurgy and advanced technical studies to de-risk a future feasibility study. Geraint Harris (ex-CEO of Adriatic Metals), accepted the role as Managing Director and intends to leverage his proven track record in the sector to deliver shareholder value.
• Multiple high-grade exploration targets, supported by historical data, with drilling commencing at the Pian Bracca Zone in mid-November to generate near term news-flow.
• An historic zinc mine that produced 6Mt @14.5% Pb+Zn, with significant underground infrastructure in place.
• The district-wide potential scale of the base metals mineralisation is demonstrated by historic mining and exploration data.
• Clean, simple and well understood metallurgy with an historic track record of producing low impurity/high grade concentrates
• Environmental baseline and ESIA complete, with well advanced permitting and a strong social license. Located in a previous mining district with a clearly understood Italian permitting system.
Alexander Burns – Executive Chairman
Prior to taking on his current role as Executive Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of Alta Zinc in October 2014, Mr Burns was Managing Director of Sphere Minerals Ltd from 1998 – 2010. During this period, the company acquired and evaluated iron ore properties in Mauritania, West Africa. Sphere was subsequently taken over by Xstrata PLC in November 2010 for A$514 million. Mr Burns was also Non-executive Chairman of Shield Mining Ltd, which was spun out of Sphere in 2006. Shield was a gold and base metals exploration company active in Mauritania and was taken over by Gryphon Minerals Ltd in mid-2010.
Geraint Harris – Managing Director
Mr Harris’ most recent role was as CEO of Adriatic Metals PLC (ASX: ADT), leading the exploration and development of two Zn-Pb-Au-Ag-Cu exploration projects in Europe, which made Adriatic the most successful ASX IPO in 2018. A Mining Engineer with over 24 years of mining industry experience across production operations, technical consultancy, funds management and project finance, he specialises in gold and base metals and has worked in numerous countries including Europe. For seven years, Mr Harris was part of the management team that commenced production at Anglo American’s Lisheen zinc-lead mine in Ireland. He was also an Associate Director of RMB Resources, a firm who funded many junior resource companies on the Australian, North American and European markets.
What is your rationale for attending 121 Mining Investment?
Given we are exploring a well-advanced brownfield zinc district in the heart of Western Europe, we would like to use the 121 opportunity to introduce Alta Zinc to the European financial markets. We believe the conference can assist us in articulating our exploration and development plans to a new audience of potential European investors and financiers.
What recent news would you like to highlight to investors attending?
14 October 2019 Pian Bracca Delivers High-grade Channel Sample Results
15 October 2019 Investor Presentation October 2019
Please refer to our website (www.altazinc.com) for the latest announcements and investor presentations and, in particular, the recent corporate presentation.
What are your key goals for the next 3, 6 and 12 months?
Deliver news flow from our current drilling campaign of the Pian Bracca zone
Report on the Mining Licence Application progress
Announce a Maiden Resource on the Pian Bracca zone and commence an updated PFS
What do you see as the key risks and challenges facing your company at the moment and how are you overcoming these?
Usual exploration risk, but mitigated by the advanced level of geological knowledge our team has gained through examination of the extensive historical data and remapping of the mineralisation which is exposed in areas of the historic mining development.
In a sentence, what do you think makes your company such a compelling investment?
1. The opportunity for significant near-term value growth resulting from a focussed exploration campaign, underpinned by strong geologic knowledge in a proven and extensive high grade zinc district.
2. De-risked project development by leveraging pre-existing underground development, well understood/low risk metallurgy and the existing technical studies.
3. Strategic commodity diversification and upside value exposure to our second project, an early stage primary cobalt/nickel exploration project also situated in Northern Italy.