Dark Horse Resources (ASX: DHR) is a mineral resource company with a particular focus on Argentina and South America. It has invested in Gold and Lithium projects, with goals to discover a multimillion ounce gold deposit, and be a producer of high grade Lithium for the domestic and international, battery and electronic markets. Dark Horse Resources also has a power generation subsidiary, Dark Horse Energy, and a substantial holding in Australian-based, ASX-listed oil and gas exploration company Lakes Oil NL. The team has an impeccable track record of accumulating strategic, multi-billion dollar mineral assets in dynamic geological environments.
David Mason, CEO
David Mason has a broad corporate, management and mining background achieved through working in the exploration and mining industry for 35 years throughout Australasia, Asia, Southern Africa and South America.
David is the Managing Director of Dark Horse Resources, a member of the DGR Global Group, focusing on mineral resources in South America. David had executive director roles with Intra Energy Corporation Limited, a coal producer in East Africa; Overseas & General Limited an Indonesian mining company; Haddington Resources (now Altura Mining) a new Australian Lithium producer; and the Swabara Group, which developed the Adaro Indonesia coal mine, the Pulau Laut shipping terminal and the 1,260MW thermal Paiton Power Station.
What is your rationale for attending 121 Mining Investment?
DHR is looking to increase its exposure into UK and European investment circles, and attract new investors and funds into the company. DHR is raising capital via a placement at present. DHR has a continuous stream of news flow as we progress the exploration and resource definition of our projects.
What recent news would you like to highlight to investors attending?
New exploration, discovery and resource definition results for DHR’s Gold and Lithium projects in Argentina including drilling at the Las Las Opeñas and Cachi Gold projects, and augering results at the San Jorge Lithium Brine project.
Commencement of drilling by Lakes Oil of the Nangwarry hydrocarbon well in the gas rich Otway Basin of South Australia and exploration results from their large suite of oil and gas properties in Australia and PNG.
What are your key goals for the next 3, 6 and 12 months?
To commence the second phase of drilling at the Las Opeñas Gold Project, further pre-drilling exploration activities at the Cachi Gold Project and augering, assays, geophysics for the San Jorge Lithium Brine Project.
To commence a first phase drilling program at the Cachi Gold Project and preliminary drilling for the San Jorge Lithium Brine Project.
To commence drilling in Central Argentina for Spodumene projects and resource definition drilling at the Gold projects to define JORC resources.
What do you see as the key risks and challenges facing your company at the moment and how are you overcoming these?
• Having sufficient capital to continue exploration on all of the Argentine projects. Currently, DHR is raising capital in new jurisdictions and looking at JV partners to participate in the ongoing exploration costs once a discovery is made.
• Continued low share price. Current share price and hence market cap represent only our holding in Lakes Oil. No value is given to our Argentine assets. We are in two high value commodities in a region which is prolific in their discovery and production. It will take only one project success in Gold, Lithium or Lakes that will re-rate Dark Horse significantly.
What do you think makes your company such a compelling investment?
• Two significant epithermal gold projects in proven Gold regions which have the potential of 2M and 5M oz of Gold respectively.
• Exciting Lithium Brine project in the middle of South America’s Lithium Triangle and in a mining friendly province.
• Lithium Spodumene project in a new hard rock Lithium province.
• Substantial 30.4% holding in gas explorer Lakes Oil (ASX:LKO) which diversifies commodity and geographic risk. It also provides a floor to the Dark Horse market capitalisation, protecting investor capital.
• A management team and board that has extensive experience in finding, developing and creating shareholder wealth from mining and resource projects.