Galan Lithium Ltd (Galan) is an Australian based international mining
development company whose main focus is its lithium brine projects located
in the Hombre Muerto Basin in Argentina. The December 2020 PEA on the
company’s 100% owned Hombre Muerto West (HMW) Project confirms it to
be a tier 1, world class lithium brine asset.
Galan’s combined total resources is now ~3.0Mt Mt @ 858mg/l Li and is the
3rd largest publicly disclosed lithium resource in the Hombre Muerto basin.
In January 2021, Galan acquires 80% of the Greenbushes South Lithium
Project. The Project is located 3 kms south of the world-class Greenbushes
Lithium in Western Australia. The acquisition secures and consolidates a
significant package of exploration ground of 396km2.
With close to AUD$60M in the bank, the company plans to initiate a Feasibility Study (FS) at Hombre Muerto, dependent on the results of the brine samples.
Cash: AUD$59M (as at May 2022)
Havelock Mining (90% Ganfeng) – 5.9%
JP Vargas de la Vega – 5.7%
CS Third Nominees (L1 Capital) – 5.2%
Citicorp Nominees – 5.2%
BNP Paribas DRP (Thematica) – 4.5%
Management Ownership – 17%
31 August 2022- High-Flow, High-Grade Long-Term Pumping Test Results Continue
• Long term pumping test at Pata Pila (PPB-01-21) successfully completed; pumping rates between 17 and 20 L/s, with extracted Li grade between 821 and 927 mg/L.
• These strong outcomes support potential higher production capacity parameters for Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) inputs.
• First pumping well at Rana de Sal (PBRS-01-21) under hydraulic testing; 72-hour constant rate test executed at steady 20 L/s and average Li grade over 945 mg/L.
• Pumping test program ongoing with 30-day pumping test at PBRS-01-21 to commence shortly, plus hydraulic testing of second Pata Pila well (PPB-02-22).
• Two (2) diamond drilling exploration wells at Rana de Sal returned thick sedimentary intersections with high Li grades (942 – 1,035 mg/L).
• Casa del Inca exploration drillhole completed at 155 metres with intervals of high porosity potential sediments underlying surface lava flows.
1 August 2022- New Pegmatite Discovery at Greenbushes South Project
• Discovery of new outcropping pegmatite with 500m+ strike length; remains open along strike with geological mapping ongoing
• New soil assays spatially associated with prior pegmatite discovery reveal up to 215 ppm Li; further soil and rock chip assay results pending
• UltraFine+ assay method also confirms presence of anomalous pathfinder element concentrations (As, Cs)
• Pilot ground geophysics program in process, consisting of passive seismic (HSVR), gravity and resistivity methods
• Processed HSVR and gravity data outcomes expected in next few weeks
14 Jul 2022 – Outstanding Initial Well Test Results at HMW Project
• 72-hour constant rate testing successfully completed at first Pata Pila pumping well (PPB-01-21).
‒ Brine sampling confirms high grade resource (Li > 910 mg/L).
‒ Hydraulic testing saw aquifer response showing favourable conditions for high volume brine production (15 – 20L per second).
• 30-day longer term pumping test started and flowing steadily.
15 Jun 2022 – First Pegmatite Lens Discovered at Greenbushes South
• Recent airborne radiometric, magnetic and DEM survey data processed for Greenbushes South Project
• Interpretation provided 18 key target zones for lithium pegmatites near the mineralising Donnybrook-Bridgetown Shear Zone
• Follow-up mapping and sampling of the first target site (GS11) resulted in a discovery of an approx. 200 m x 40 m outcropping pegmatite lens
– HMW Project Mineral Resources Update
– Results from ongoing work at Greenbush South
Deliver a DFS