Great Southern Copper is a mineral exploration company focused on copper-gold deposits in Chile. The Company has the option to acquire rights to 100% of two projects that are prospective for large scale intrusive-related copper-gold deposits in the underexplored coastal belt of Chile, a globally significant mining jurisdiction and the world’s largest copper producer. The two projects comprise the San Lorenzo Project and the Especularita Project.
Vidacos Nominees Ltd – 52.99%
Jim Nominees Ltd – 18.42%
Aurora Nominees Ltd – 5.92%
Clive Ian Duncan – 3.72%
Peter John Charles Davies – 3.46%
Management Ownership – 2.75%
Sam Garrett – CEO
Sam is a geologist with over 30 years of exploration management, project assessment and operational experience working for large multi-national and junior mining and exploration companies.. He is a specialist in copper and gold exploration with additional experience in iron ore, base metals and other specialist commodities. Highlights of Mr Garrett’s career include discovery credits for the Mt. Elliot Cu-Au mine (Qld), Dinkidi Cu-Au mine (Philippines), Tujuh Bukit Au-Ag-Cu mine (Indonesia) and the Havieron Au-Cu project (WA). Sam is an executive director of ASX-listed Flynn Gold Ltd and he holds non-executive positions in various public, private resource and consulting companies.
This conference is mainly about raising the profile of the company. There is no immediate money raise but we do expect that further funding will be required in 2023.
06 April 2022 – 2022 Exploration Campaign begins at Especularita
23 May 2022 – Multiple Targets Identified at San Lorenzo
11 July 2022 – Diamond Drilling Commences at San Lorenzo Project
12 September 2022 – Drilling confirms copper target at San Lorenzo
To identify follow up targets at our San Lorenzo Project
To identify drill targets at our Especularita project
To find and acquire a third financially attractive project to add to our portfolio
As with any junior exploration company, GSC faces a number of risks relating to, for example, exploration, Government regulation in Chile, the copper price, exchange rates, general market conditions and geographic concentration. The Board regularly reviews these and other risks in order to best mitigate them.
Great Southern Copper is strategically positioned to support the global market for copper, a key metal in the clean energy transition around the world.
• GSC has rights to two 100% owned projects (San Lorenzo and Especularita) in Chile, a globally significant mining jurisdiction and the world’s largest copper producer
• Projects give opportunity to take advantage of the supply deficit in the copper sector accentuated by the drive towards more sustainable and efficient sources of energy
• Experienced executive management with strong discovery record and extensive experience of exploring for copper and gold deposits
• Strong near and long-term market drivers for Copper and Gold
1) Chile focused exploration company, targeting large scale Cu-Au deposits. The Company has rights to 100% owned projects – San Lorenzo and Especularita.
2) LSE listed with USD 3.03m in cash as at 01 June 22 with no debt
3) Experienced executive management with strong discovery record