• Are mined commodities rightly regaining their lustre for investors keen to avoid volatility and supressed bond markets?
• Which macro-economic factors are investors most alert to now?
• Views on the gold bull market – will this trigger large institutions and pension funds to increase exposure to gold producers and, in turn, other mining stocks?
• Public vs private – where can we expect risk capital to come from and how is the capital formation journey evolving for miners?
• ESG and the decarbonisation movement, investment trends accelerating in favour of mining
• Other than gold producing assets where are investors seeing value?
Charl Malan, Portfolio Manager, Van Eck
Jessica Fung, Vice President, Pala Investments
Cailey Barker, Portfolio Manager, Blackrock
Ross Allister, Head of Mining, Investment Banking, Peel Hunt
• Will the gold price march relentlessly higher into next year? Post election US Fed policy
• How should investors capitalise on gold mining equities in the face of sensational flows into ETFs and physical gold?
• Cutting through the noise of a bull market to select the best companies for your portfolio
• Looking for underappreciated segments of gold mining – are earlystage greenfield exploration plays presenting value?
• Thoughts on recent M&A – can we expect consolidation or companies growing new projects
Ian Williams, CEO, Charteris Treasury Portfolio Managers
Angelos Damaskos, CEO, Sector Investment Managers
Florian Siegfried, Portfolio Manager, SSI Asset Management
John Wong, Portfolio Manager, Ruffer Funds LL
• What are “realistic” expectations for EV sales? Pandemic impacts accelerating adoption
• The next gen of battery chemistry – Solidstate breakthrough vs LFP vs NMC
• Security of tier 1 supply – which metals present the greatest risk to OEMs and cell manufacturers?
• Are dramatic changes needed in how we bring these materials online?
Kwasi Ampofo, Metals Analyst, Bloomberg NEF
Aline Carnizelo, Portfolio Manager,Pala Investments
Simon Gardner-Bond, CTO, TechMet
Milan Thakore, Senior Research Analyst – Battery Raw Materials, Wood MacKenzie
Jacqui Murray, Innovate UK & Faraday Battery Challenge, Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund