Millennial Potash Corp. (TSX.V: MLP) (millennialpotash.com) is a Canadian resource company focused on the exploration and development of potash deposits. The Company’s flagship asset is the Banio Potash Project located along the coast of Gabon, West Africa, which has the potential to be a all the right characteristics to become a significant producer of potash. A previously explored resource in a proven potash bearing basin, stable political jurisdiction, camp and other infrastructure on site, the resource is amenable to low-cost solution mining method, proximity to the largest importing nations in the world, and a management team with a strong track record of delivering a significant shareholder value. The Company is led by a board and management team that has built and successfully exited multiple resource companies including Millennial Lithium (TSXV: ML), Allana Potash (TSX: AAA), Potash One (TSX: KCL), and is focused on creating long-term value for its shareholders. Millennial is committed to using environmentally sustainable and responsible practices in its operations and has established partnerships with local communities to ensure that its projects have a positive impact on the surrounding area.
Management ownership – 37% Approx
Farhad Abasov, M.B.A. – Chairman, Director
Mr. Abasov built and sold multiple resource companies: President and CEO, Millennial Lithium sold to Lithium Americas for $490M; President and CEO, Allana Potash Corp. sold to Israel Chemical Ltd. for $170M. Mr. Abasov is also a co-founder of Potash One which sold to K+S for $430M, as well as Senior VP of Energy Metals which sold to Uranium One for $1.8B. He raised over $500 million for public and private companies in energy and mining sectors.
Jason Wilkinson, M.Sc. – Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Wilkinson is a mining and exploration professional with 25 years experience across a range of commodities. In the past was the Chief Operating Officer for South Harz Potash directing efforts at their German potash project. Previously in-country MD for Allana Potash Corp based in Ethiopia responsible for the exploration drill-out and feasibility study work and facilitated transfer to Israel Chemicals Ltd.
Graham Harris, B.A. – Senior VP, Capital Markets, Director
Mr. Harris was the Founder, Chair and Director of Millennial Lithium Corp, which was recently acquired by Lithium Americas for $490M. Mr. Harris has over 40 years’ experience in the finance industry, including as a senior VP of Canaccord Genuity Corp. (1999-2004) and as a senior VP and partner of Yorkton Securities (1989-1999). He has directly raised over $400 million in development and venture capital for public and private companies. He was a founder of Cap-Ex Iron Ore Ltd., a founding director of M2 Cobalt Corp- that recently merged with ASX listed Jervois Mining Ltd.
We have just started developing the Banio Project and we would like to present our development plans to a diverse group of investors and potential industry partners
i. Highlight recent news of addition of all-star potash team: Jason Wilkinson CEO, Rick Lacroix Director, Mark Stauffer Director.
ii. Private Placement Oversubscribed for Closing Proceeds of CDN$3,591,500
iii. Drilling Program to commence April
Start Phase 1 drilling program
Finish Phase 1 and confirm the maiden resource
Initiate a Preliminary Economic Assessment
Millennial Potash have just started developing this project. We are facing typical challenges such as mobilizing workforce, upgrading existing infrastructure and financing. However, we have been managing these issues very well as we already have management with considerable experience in this commodity and region; the exploration camp in on site and needs relatively small amount of work to be ready for the exploration program launch; the company has sufficient funds to start and complete the first phase of drilling.
The Banio project is located in the potash-bearing Congo Basin of Southwest Gabon. The project has all the right characteristics to become a significant player in the near term: a previously explored resource in a proven potash bearing basin, stable political jurisdiction, camp and other infrastructure on site, the resource is amenable to low-cost solution mining method, proximity to the largest importing nations in the world, and a management team with a strong track record of delivering a significant shareholder value.
1. Positive dynamic in the potash sector
– Well-positioned in the potash sector due to the growing demand for potash, which is an essential nutrient for plant growth and is used in the production of fertilizers
– The Banio Potash Project has the potential to be a significant producer of potash and is located in the south-west corner of Gabon, West Africa, which is a well-known and business-friendly potash-bearing basin
2. Projects are strategically located with strong infrastructure
– Located in the well-known potash-bearing basin with proximity to the largest potash importing nations
– Stable jurisdiction with low sovereign risk and is the 3rd highest per capita GDP in Africa
– Major global companies such as Fortescue, Eramet, Total (NYSE: TTE), and Shell (NYSE: SHEL) are developing projects in the country
– Access to good infrastructure and excellent sea transport links
3. Management and board have a strong track record in the resource space
– Management is experienced in potash and other large mining projects with a strong track record of multiple M&A exits by developing two large potash projects in Africa and North America
– The company is focused on creating long-term value for its shareholders which can help to attract investors who are looking for sustainable investments with positive social impact