Technology Metals Panel: Will Mining Survive and Thrive in a New Energy World?
Emily Hersh, Managing Partner, DCDB Group
Ken Hoffman, Head of battery materials, McKinsey
Kimberly Berman, Director Equity Research, Special Projects, BMO
Simon Gardner-Bond, Chief Technical Officer, Techmet
- What does pandemic fallout mean for the batteries and EV industry?
- How are we going to get out of this scenario without consumer consumption at same level of last decade?
- When could lithium markets achieve supply/demand balance
- How to reduce supply-chain risks over a prolonged period of crisis
- What steps do automakers and OEMs need to be taking now to safeguard critical raw materials – can they work closer with miners?
- Accessing wider pools of capital to help junior miners of critical metals – where will capital come from
- Can battery metals producers improve credentials and win capital from ESG mandated funds?