08:00 Registration and morning coffee
09:00 Conference opening
09:15 SE Asia mining panel: Risks and opportunities across the region
• Political and regulatory environment for mining development in Indonesia, Philippines, PNG and the countries of Indochina
• Where are political risks creating potential supply side pinch points?
• Investor appetite for risk in SE Asia’s key mining jurisdictions
• Key success factors for mining developers in the region
Edward Gustely, Managing Director, Penida Capital
10:00 Mining company CEO briefings
11:00 Mine project financiers panel: Sourcing funding to build the mines of the future
• Who is funding mine construction at this stage in the cycle?
• Is there a growing appetite from banks for project finance opportunities?
• State of off-take and streaming alternative pools of capital
• Will PE continue to play a leading role in the funding of new mines?
• Role of the majors in supporting junior miners to develop the next wave of world class assets
11:40 Mining company CEO briefings
13:00 Lunch and networking
14:00 Commodity focus: Coal investment outlook
• Supply and demand: The end in sight for low quality thermal coals?
• Availability of finance for coal development projects: Differential treatment for coking, thermal and projects with both
• Australia, Indonesia, Colombia, South Africa, Mozambique, Canada: Regulatory outlook for key seaborne market producers
• Freight rates outlook: What 2020 sulphur emissions standards will mean for ship availability
Shirley Zhang, Principal Analyst, APAC Coal Markets, Principal Analyst, APAC Coal Markets
14:40 Commodity focus: Iron Ore market outlook
• Assessment of global iron ore demand
• Impact of Vale tailing dam disaster on a seaborne market already in deficit
• With upstream tailings dams now uninvestable for many funds and banks, what challenges and opportunities does this create for the iron ore sector
• Freight rates heading upwards? Mitigation strategies for producers and investors
15:20 Commodity focus: Copper and it’s electrifying future
• Copper demand outlook: From construction and infrastructure to E-vehicles
• State of inventories along the copper supply chain
• New projects coming on stream: Capacity of the mining industry to meet demand
• Macro-economic and political risk factors and the impact on the future copper price
Eun-Young Lee, Equity Analyst – Commodity Research, DBS Bank
16:00 Conference close and farewell drinks