Atlantic Lithium is an AIM-listed lithium company (ASX-listed 26 September 2022) advancing a portfolio of projects in Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire through to production.
The Company’s flagship project, the Ewoyaa Project in Ghana, is a significant lithium pegmatite discovery on track to become Ghana’s first lithium producing mine. The project is funded to production under an agreement with Piedmont Lithium for US$103m and set to produce a premium lithium product.
Ewoyaa has a Mineral Resource of 30.1Mt @ 1.26% Li₂O, including 20.3Mt @ 1.29% Li₂O in the Indicated category and is well located to excellent infrastructure and will produce a premium product suitable for conversion for to be used in batteries.
Atlantic holds a 560km2 & 774km2 tenure across Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire respectively, comprising significantly under-explored, highly prospective licenses.
Assore Limited – 23.25%
Piedmont Lithium Inc – 9.64%
DGR Global – 7.09%
Board & Management – 1.48%
Len Kolff – Interim CEO
Mr Kolff holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree from the Royal School of Mines, Imperial College, London and a Masters of Economic Geology from CODES, University of Tasmania. Mr Kolff brings with him over 25 years of mining industry experience in the design, implementation and execution of exploration activities, resource evaluation and project studies and appraisals within the major and junior resources sector. Mr Kolff has a proven track record in deposit discovery across a wide variety of jurisdictions, with a particular focus on Africa.
Mr Kolff has most recently worked in West Africa and was instrumental in the discovery and evaluation of the Company’s Ewoyaa Lithium Project in Ghana, as well as the discovery and evaluation of the Mofe Creek iron ore project in Liberia during his time working with Tawana Resources. Prior to this, Mr Kolff worked with Rio Tinto for 16 years and was involved in several high-profile projects, including the Simandou iron ore project in Guinea and the Northparkes Copper-Gold mine in Australia.
Mr Kolff joined the Company in 2015 as a Country & Technical Manager and, in 2019, was promoted to Chief Operating Officer. In March 2022, Mr Kolff was appointed as Interim Chief Executive Officer.
Amanda Harsas – Finance Director & Company Secretary
Ms Harsas graduated from the University of Technology, Sydney with a Bachelor of Business. She is a member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and the Australian Institute of Company Directors. Ms Harsas has over 25 years’ experience in strategic finance, business transformation, commercial finance, customer and supplier negotiations and company secretarial and capital management across various firms including PwC, Healius, Law Society of Australia and Ricca Resources Limited.
With extensive experience in mining and exploration, healthcare, retail, and professional services sectors throughout Australia, Asia, Europe and the USA, Ms Harsas brings a unique perspective to the Board.
Ms Harsas joined the Company in November 2020 as Chief Financial Officer and was subsequently appointed as Company Secretary in January 2021. In March 2022, Mrs Harsas was promoted to Finance Director.
1. New developments in the Market.
2. Increase Atlantic Lithium’s exposure within the Market.
26 September 2022 – Atlantic Lithium Commences Trading on Australian Securities Exchange (ASX)
The Company’s ASX dual listing offer (ASX Offer) to acquire up to 22,850,000 Shares in the Company at a price of A$0.58 per Share, which was open to eligible investors in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore, was fully subscribed.
The Board believes that the ASX listing reflects the global demand for a sustainable supply of lithium to facilitate the transition to a lower carbon future and will be beneficial to the Company in a number of ways:
– Raise the profile of the Company’s Ewoyaa Project and Cape Coast Lithium Portfolio in a robust resources market where lithium exploration companies have in recent times attracted significant investor interest;
– Extend Atlantic Lithium’s shareholder base, enable wider trading of Atlantic Lithium shares and provide greater liquidity for Atlantic Lithium shares;
– Allow existing Australian investors the opportunity to reposition securities held in the UK to Australia, should they so desire; and
– Enable close communication with Australian investors, through its Australian headquarters
2 August 2022 – Assays Continue to Extend Mineralisation at Ewoyaa
– Assay results received for an additional approximate 2,900m of Reverse Circulation (“RC”) drilling completed at the Ewoyaa Main and Grasscutter North targets, part of the ongoing 37,000m resource evaluation and exploration RC and diamond core drilling (“DD”) programme.
– Newly reported drilling results fall outside the current Ewoyaa JORC (2012) Compliant Mineral Resource Estimate and extend mineralisation a further 75m downdip at the Ewoyaa Main deposit.
– Additional results have extended mineralisation a further 40m west at the Grasscutter North target outside of the current Resource, including GRC0653: 7m at 1.16% Li2O from 129m, GRC0654: 4m at 1.12% Li2O from 96m and GRC0655: 9m at 0.68% Li2O from 157m.
19 July 2022 – Ongoing High Grade Drill Intersections at Ewoyaa
– Atlantic Lithium reports ongoing and significant high-grade pegmatite intervals over broad widths below the Ewoyaa Main deposit and outside of the currently defined resource volume, giving confidence to deliver future resource upgrades for the Project.
– Remaining assays are pending for holes GRC0666 and GRC0667 which have long intervals of visible spodumene reported and initial high-grade results received of 10m at 1.39% Li2O in GRC0666 with mineralisation open at depth.
– Drilling at the Ewoyaa project is ongoing, with approximately 24,900m of the planned 37,000m programme completed to date, with further assays pending and the programme targeted for completion this quarter.
Lithium focused minerals explorer and developer with 3 Discoveries in 3 Years in 3 Jurisdictions so far and a pipeline of assets under development.