08:00 Registration and morning coffee
08:55 Welcome Remarks and Business Card Exchange
09:00 Headline Investor Panel: In a market categorized by uncertainty and volatility what is the current investment outlook?
• Evaluation of the current macroeconomic and geopolitical factors impacting the oil price cycle (Trade wars, Sanctions on Iran).
• What significant trends are shaping E&P investment deals at present – M&A. consolidation, farm-out, off-take, JVs?
• Seeking risk adjusted returns in the upstream sector.
09:40 Sector Briefing: – Insight into the ‘double disruption’ affecting oil & gas as an industry
• What is an energy transition? The six forces of change that dictate a transition
• The effects of challenge by renewable energy systems to the oil & gas sector
Peter Tertzakian, Executive Director, Arc Energy Research Institute
10:10 Oil and Gas company CEO briefings
11:00 Morning refreshments
11:30 Private Equity Panel: How is private equity revitalising segments of the upstream oil & gas market?
• Is capital being deployed by private equity providing the value to move E&P projects forward to production vs. public markets? Considering development risks, declining portfolios, and a competitive M&A market.
• How do you determine the optimal investment time horizon in the current market?
Julian Ball, Portfolio Manager, Kerogen Capital
Jay Bhutani, CEO, Such Capital
Jerome Halbout, Manager Partner,4D Global Partners
12:10 Oil & Gas company CEO briefings
13:00 Networking Lunch
14:00 The Investor Panel: Optimising portfolio strategies for growth in the upstream sector
• How are small cap exploration companies performing?
• What does the fit-for-future upstream oil & gas portfolio look like?
• What constitutes a ‘good’ portfolio, and what tools determine its effectiveness?
Malcolm Graham-Wood, Partner,Hydrocarbon Capital
14:40 Analyst Briefing: Highlighting the Success Stories in Equity Funding
Richard Hail, O&G advisor, SP Angel
15:00 Oil & Gas CEO presentations
16:00 UK Sector Briefing: Evaluting the frontier and mature basin opportunities in UKC
• Could the potential of UKCS change the game for UK energy independence.
• Long-term demand outlook and key uncertainties for road fuels, marine fuels and petrochemical feedstocks
• Strategic response from the oil majors and templates for diversification
Daisy Maugouber, Oil Analyst, Bloomberg NEF
16:30 Gas Panel: Are gas projects getting financed fast enough to meet global demand?
• Where are the opportunities for growth in the gas market at present?
• Are investors confident networks for gas consumption will continue to develop?
Frederic Yeterian, Commercial Project Finance Manager, Philax International
17:10 Networking Drinks Reception