1414 Degrees’ thermal energy storage technology is set for global growth, stabilising renewables to make clean energy available to all, at all times.
Its world first, patented Thermal Energy Storage System (TESS) takes gas or electricity from any source and stores it as latent heat in silicon which melts at 1414°C. The energy from the latent heat can then be reclaimed and distributed as heat and electricity when required. It has a benign environmental impact and is location agnostic. This clean energy storage solution is designed to address renewable intermittency and grid stability.
Dr Kevin Moriarty – Executive Chairman
Kevin has over 40 years of mining and oil exploration and development experience and 29 years of corporate experience in roles including Chairman and Managing Director of listed companies. He founded and led several companies to develop mines in Australia and Africa. He has served as director and chairman of a number of ASX listed companies guiding their restructure and relisting. He has researched deep sea sediments, cave and fossil deposits, publishing papers on climate change through time while an honorary research fellow of Flinders and the Australian National Universities.
What is your rationale for attending 121 Tech Investment?
Looking for on market support and awareness of technology for potential new raises to build on the business model.
What recent news would you like to highlight to investors attending?
18 April 2019 – Quarterly report
– World first GAS-TESS commissioning underway
– Early cash flow potential for TESS-IND connected to National Electricity Market
– Focus on research discipline for large scale storage development
– Strong cash position, $12m
15 April 2019 – ARUP report
– ARUP reports on study comparing 1414 Degrees TESS with concentrated solar power (CSP)
– TESS would be more economical than CSP for greenhouse farms
30 January 2019 – Quarterly report
– TESS can operate as baseload power station
– Power generators seeking efficiency, lower costs and emissions reduction
– R&D focus on further cost reduction from increased scale
– Five new team members, including COO
What are your key goals for the next 3, 6 and 12 months?
Commissioing and commence revenues on GAS-TESS
Finance business growth with SVPs
Complete feasibility on major industrial site for grid scale storage
What do you see as the key risks and challenges facing your company at the moment and how are you overcoming these?
– Delivering commercially attractive operations to drive sales
– Meeting very strong demand
What do you think makes your company such a compelling investment?
– Unique technology
– Strong and experienced technical and corporate team
– Exponential growth of energy storage market
– Strong retail investment support with over 3,000 shareholders