Our goal is improve people’s quality of digital life by providing safe and easy access to banking services: there is only 3% credit card penetration in Asia with large unbanked populations but with increasingly high smartphone penetration. Our platform is filling this significant market gap by enabling all organizations (private or public sector) to deliver essential banking services to all their users and customers, in less than 2 weeks.
Incepted in 2016, MatchMove is a B2B platform with the ability to plug Spend, Send & Lend capabilities into any App. Consumers can convert physical cash to digital cash, enabling them to make payments for good and services as well as send money cross border safely and securely. In addition, this transactional behavior provides data points to build credit scores, facilitating micro loans for eligible consumers
Nisha Paramjothi – Senior Vice President
At MatchMove I am responsible for driving strategic acquisitions as well as investments.
Prior to MatchMove, I was at CIMB for 12+ years focusing on new market expansion and business development initiatives across the region. In addition to setting up CIMB Fintech to drive CIMB’s digital roadmap, I have successfully executed partnerships to further CIMB’s digital journey and introduce innovative propositions into the market.
I hold an MBA from INSEAD and a Degree from the London School of Economics
What is your rationale for attending 121 Tech Investment?
Building interest ahead of the C-round funding
What recent news would you like to highlight to investors attending?
NTT DOCOMO Ventures Invests in Matchmove Pay
– Facilitating the reinforcement of NTT DATA’s overseas payment business –
What are your key goals for the next 3, 6 and 12 months?
Scaling via new platform
Enhancing Send & Lend Capability
Completing C round of funding
What do you see as the key risks and challenges facing your company at the moment and how are you overcoming these?
1. Operational Fraud, AML risk – we adopt the highest standards of compliance, in line with banking as well as our scheme partners (Visa, Mastercard) standards
2. Transaction & Volume Growth – Activism with partners – Dedicated customer success management teams to proactively work with the clients on deepening use cases and driving volumes
3. Bank partnerships deteriorate – Selectively exploring & applying for own licenses.
Target to have at least 2 bank partners in every market to hedge risk
What do you think makes your company such a compelling investment?
1. Holistic platform- putting spend, send, lend capability in any App
2. Expanding use cases & Building inroads in the strategic verticals – transport, shipping, education
3. Continuous product & platform development and iteration
4. Operational & margin improvements – leverage economics of scale
5. Regulators, Governments push for cashless societies, smart nations
6. Capable Management team. Conviction to stay the course
7. Favourable macro environment- payments showing unprecedented growth
8. Experienced and proven capability, track record
9. B2B model defensible
10 Robust fundamentals, profitability in sight