• With some optimism back in the sector and mining companies de-leveraging, are we at an inflection point? Which way will the industry turn?
• Has enough capital been deployed in 2018 to stimulate the overall mineral exploration needed to satisfy strong global demand?
• To buy or to build – what is the feeling on mines investing again or turning to M&A?
• Will strong global demand continue to spur on metals and materials sector? How important is China’s economic policy to sustaining mining’s revival?
Cailey Barker, Director, Natural Resources, BlackRock
Neil Gregson, Portfolio Manager, JP Morgan Global Natural Resources Fund
Peter Grosskopf, CEO, Sprott Inc
• An update from leading commodities analyst on where are we now and what lies ahead for metals and minerals?
Colin Hamilton, Managing Director – Commodities Research, BMO
• How has private equity’s role within the mining finance landscape evolved and benefited the sector?
• Exit risk for PE – how do investors manage this in the cyclical business of mining?
• Does the M&A environment need to be good in order to thrive? Is activity likely to pick up as majors dip their toes in again?
David Street, Portfolio Manager, Tembo Capital
Mark Sawyer, Partner, Greenstone Resources
• How are mined resource companies performing relative to other sectors?
• Are energy and materials stocks presenting sustainable dividends again?
• What attributes take the risk out of smaller resource companies and set them up for better future growth?
• What essential due diligence when assessing reseource companies?
• Can we expect greater flows of speculative capital returning to the mining sector?
Gervais Williams, MD and Portfolio Manager, Miton Group