08:00 Registration and morning coffee
08:50 Conference opening
09:00 Resources investment leaders panel: Current appetite for investment across the cycle
• Investor preferences for this stage in the mining cycle
• Appetite, investment approaches and buying signals
• Where are we in the mining investment cycle – How can we best prepare for what’s to come?
• How investor demand for ESG compliance is impacting flows into the junior mining sector
• How mining stocks can be incorporated into an ethical investment strategy
Scott Clements, Managing Director,Canaccord Genuity
Nick Ferres, Chief Investment Officer,Point Asset Management
Juerg Kiener, Managing Director & CIO,Swiss Asia Capital
09:40 Mining CEO presentations
10:40 Commodities overview: Reading between the headlines
• Insight into the outlook on the commodities markets for the second half of the year
• China’s transition into the 14th Five Year Plan – What direction will China move in? Impact on commodities and prices
Ian Roper, General Manager, SMM Singapore
11:10 Mining company CEO briefings
12:10 Commodities outlook: Top picks for commodities winners and losers in 2020/21
• Panellists’ picks of the hottest and coldest metals and minerals over the next year
• Discussing the impact of the current geo-political environment on supply side opportunities
• Outlook on commodity demand trends – Where do we see the market moving this year?
Jeff Jiang,Metals Market Analyst, Oldendorff Carriers GmbH & Co
Clyde Russell,Asia Commodities and Energy Columnist, Thomson Reuters
12:50 Lunch and networking
14:00 Copper investment outlook: Weak economic growth expectations vs future supply crunch
• Where next for the mining price this year and beyond?
• How do we get investment back on track to help enable crucial energy transitions towards more renewable sources?
• How much is the EV and battery market driving growth in copper demand? What are the implications for future supply?
Hun Hao Chuah, Research Analyst – Copper Mine Costs, Wood Mackenzie
14:30 Mining company CEO briefings
15:30 Nickel investment outlook: Are rising prices here to stay?
• Impacts of Indonesia’s nickel ore export ban
• Where is the price of nickel expected to go next?
• How do current supply/demand
Alex Zhirui Ji, Consultant, CRU
16:00 Mining company CEO briefings
16:40 Gold investment outlook: Gold price and equities in 2020/21
• Exploration trends and new drilling campaigns – Opportunities for investment
• What price does gold need to reach to spark a new gold rush?
• ETF inflows vs individual mining stocks – Where is the smart money going?
• Physical gold investment outlook for the year
Wayne Gordon, Executive Director, Senior Investment Analyst, Chief Investment Office, Global Wealth Management, UBS
Thomas Puppendahl, Founder & Managing Partner, Chancery Asset Management
17:30 Day one wrap-up and drinks reception