• Interpreting the sector at present: How are natural resource fund managers evaluating sector risks and identifying successful companies?
• Perspectives on the geopolitical themes shaping the year ahead: US-China trade war; strategic minerals disputes; commodity prices
• How important is China’s economic output to sustaining mining’s overall revival? Will strong global demand for mined resources continue to prop up the sector throughout 2020?
• How are the majors performing? Can innovation and strong company performance minimize exposure to metals price dips?
• Thoughts on evolving ESG principles – Are asset owners and institutions changing their message in line with a new generation’s values?
Henry Steel, Portfolio Manager, Odey Concentrated Natural Resources Fund
Julian Treger, Executive Director & CEO, Anglo Pacific
Carl Tricoli, Managing Partner, Denham Capital
Philip Clegg, Portfolio Manager, Orion Mine Finance
Hans-Arne L’Orange, Head of Metals & Mining, Clarksons Platou
09:50 Sebastien de Montessus, President, Endeavour Mining
10:00 Niel Pretorius, CEO, DRDGold
10:10 Richard Young, President & CEO, Teranga Gold
10:20 Rick Howes, President & CEO, Dundee Precious Metals
10:30 Julian Hanna, Director of Growth , Sandfire Resources
10:40 John Dorward, President & CEO, Roxgold
10:50 Igo Gonzales, President & CEO, Sierra Metals
11:00 Laurence Marsland, Managing Director, Titan Minerals
• Global slowdown trends and rapid adoption of renewables and electric mobility
• Opportunities per commodity – which do investors need to persue?
• Implications of gold market bull run – will generalists rotate capital back into mining equiteis?
• Addressing capital shortfall risks – for brining supply online to meet global demand
• Views on M&A activity progressing
• Can we expect liquidity for exploration to return if gold prices remain high
Greg Callaway, Metals & Mining Expert, McKinsey & Company
11:40 Archie Koimtsidis, CEO & MD, Cardinal Resources
11:50 Rick Clark, CEO, Orca Gold
12:00 Paul Burton, CEO & MD, TNG Limited
12:10 Milan Jerkovic, Executive Chairman, Blackham Resources
12:20 Adrian Griffin, MD, Lithium Australia
12:30 John de Vries, MD, Black Rock Mining
12:40 William Dawes, CEO, Mkango
12:50 Nigel Ferguson, MD, AVZ Minerals
14:00 Peter Fox, Corpoprate Development &, IR Mineral Commodities
14:10 Stuart Brown, President & CEO, Mountain Province Diamonds
14:20 Michael Jones, CEO, Platinum Group Metals
14:30 Pip Darvall, MD, Sipa Resources
14:40 Bernie Pryor, CEO, Alufer Mining
14:50 Andre Leibenberg, CEO, Yellow Cake
• Update on Sino-US trade war dissruptions on metals markets
• Environmental inspections on domestic mine output
• NEV industry switch from policy to market-led
• Chinese dominance of strategic metals – does it present some opportunities?
• Update on Australia-US collaboration creating alternative supply chains for rare earths
Colin Hamilton, Managing Director, Commodities Research, BMO
15:30 Trevor Benson, Executive Chairman, Walkabout Resources
15:40 Julian Stephens, MD, Sovereign Metals
15:50 Glen Parsons, President & CEO, Awale Resources
16:00 Tim Livesey, CEO, Oriole Resources
16:10 Gred Davis, CEO, Sun Peak Metals
16:20 Bill Guy, Chairman, Theta Gold Mines
• After a prolonged period of underinvestment in juniors to what extent is investor appetite improving?
• How to identify the next generation of successful companies?
• Where should companies focus their business efforts to win over investors in 2020?
• How has the lending environment evolved? What key role do banks now play in the capital raising mix for juniors?
• How will smaller companies meet evolving ESG criteria with limited funds available?
• Investor’s thoughts on commodities set to outperform in the next 12 months
Verne Grinstead, Senior Advisor, ANRH
Mark Sawyer, Senior Partner, Greenstone Capital
Peter Major, Director, Mining, Mergence
John Hodder, Co-Founder & MD Australia, Tembo Capital
Mandi Dungwa, Portfolio Manager, Equities, Kagiso Asset Management