• Investors view on the macro influences defining the commodities cycle – US China trade wars, Asia’s output, inflationary pressured, Brexit
• Is strong synchronous global growth expected to continue? Is there enough capital flowing into the sector to sustain prosperous growth for metals and mining in 2019?
• With Inflationary pressures rising will commodities attract much needed generalist capital back to the sector?
• Access and availability of debt – are big banks gaining confidence in the industry again?
• Buy vs build – is now the time for major miners to ramp up investment or look to greater M&A?
Neil Gregson, Portfolio Manager, JP Morgan Global Natural Resources Fund
Peter Grosskopf, CEO, Sprott Inc
Philip Clegg, Investment Manager, Orion Mine Finance
Stephanie Clement de Givry, Managing Director – Global Head Metals & Mining Finance, Societe Generale
• Stock picking methodologies and company fundamentals – how are top investors tackling an ever-volatile mining industry?
• Where are portfolio managers seeing long term capital appreciation in the juniors?
• What are some of the value destructive actions from last up-cycle to be cautious of now?
• What are the stand out features a junior miner needs to attract funds?
• With pressing need to replace mined ounces, is early stage exploration back on investors radar?
Aline Carnizelo, Investment Director, Pala Investment
Rick Squire, Portfolio Manager, Acorn Capital
Shoaib Vayej, Executive Director, Afena Capital
James Rattenbury, Senior Associate, Resource Capital Funds
• Impacts of Winter cuts on metals and mining so far – has the economic cycle been squashed into summer months?
• Expectations for post CNY base and bulk metals performance – a strong comeback or flatter?
• SupplySide reforms 3 years on – Will domestic production cutbacks continue?
• ‘Belt and Road’ developments – Will China offshore significant metals and mining consumption across Asia?
• China’s key outbound investment horizon
Ian Roper, General Manager, SMM Singapore
• When will active and speculative money flow back into the gold sector? What will get shareholders excited again?
• Crating value in a precious metals portfolio – what attributes do gold and silver mining companies offer in terms of long term capital appreciation?
• Views on M&A – is greater activity what the market needs now and what conditions would help stimulate this?
Amanda van Dyke, Fund Manager, South River Asset Management
James Wallbank, Managing Partner, Ibaera Capital
Joachim Berlenbach, Investment Adviser, Earth Resource Investment Group