• Interpreting the sector at present: How are natural resource fund managers evaluating sector risks and identifying successful companies?
• Perspectives on the geopolitical themes shaping the year ahead: US-China trade war; strategic minerals disputes; commodity prices
• How important is China’s economic output to sustaining mining’s overall revival? Will strong global demand for mined resources continue to prop up the sector throughout 2020?
• How are the majors performing? Can innovation and strong company performance minimize exposure to metals price dips?
• Thoughts on evolving ESG principles – Are asset owners and institutions changing their message in line with a new generation’s values?
Henry Steel, Portfolio Manager, Odey Concentrated Natural Resources Fund
Julian Treger, Executive Director & CEO, Anglo Pacific
Carl Tricoli, Managing Partner, Denham Capital
Philip Clegg, Portfolio Manager, Orion Mine Finance
Hans-Anre L’Orange, Head of Metals & Mining, Clarksons Platou
• Will a new bull market in precious metals spur generalists to rotate capital back into mining equities? Are investors already in the sector cautious to commit new capital?
• Assessing the merits of investing in financially sound small to midcap gold and silver miners
• How attractive are gold projects in RSA, West Africa versus other jurisdictions?
• Activity among the majors – how do investors see M&A activity progressing?
Chief Market Strategist, World Gold Council
Willem Midlekoop, Founder & CEO, Commodity Discovery Fund
• Sino-US Trade war – likely dissruption to metals markets in 2020
• Changes of environmental inspections on domestic mine output
• Early effect of NEV industry switch from policy to market-led
• What opportunities and restrictions does Chinese dominance of strategic metals create?
• Update on Australia-US collaboration to create alternative supply chains for rare earths?
Colin Hamilton, Managing Director, Commodities Research, BMO
• After a prolonged period of underinvestment in juniors to what extent is investor appetite improving?
• How to identify the next generation of successful companies?
• Where should companies focus their business efforts to win over investors in 2020?
• How has the lending environment evolved? What key role do banks now play in the capital raising mix for juniors?
• How will smaller companies meet evolving ESG criteria with limited funds available?
• Investor’s thoughts on commodities set to outperform in the next 12 months
Mark Sawyer, Senior Partner, Greenstone Capital
Peter Major, Director, Mining,Mergence
John Hodder, Co-Founder & MD Australia,Tembo Capital