09:00 Mark Learmonth, CFO, Caledonia Mining
09:10 Ayesha Hira, VP Corporate Development, Lucara Diamond
09:20 Eric Zurrin, CEO, Shanta Gold
09:30 Richard Hyde, Founder & CEO, West African Resources
09:40 Tim Carstens, MD, Base Resources
• Key drivers for investment from African focused funds and investors looking at African projects
• Good ESG principles are fundamental to successful mines – but how are investors and corporates improving their dialogue to maintain a license to operate?
• Factoring above ground risks and recent security incidents – is there a risk premium on some jurisdictions?
• Impact of higher taxes, lower metals prices and lower royalties in some of Africa’s key mining jurisdictions
• Probability of funds returning profits to local stakeholders
Warren Bolttler, Non-Executive Chairman, Price Forbes
Stephanie-Clement de Givry, MD, Global Head Metals & Mining Finance, SocGen CIB
Andrew Ferrier, Portfolio Manager, Pacific Road Capital
Ignacio de Calonje, Chief Investment Officer, IFC
Richard Duffy, CEO, Petra Diamonds
Rob Still, Chairman, Pangea Exploration
Peter Major, Director, Mining, Mergence
10:30 Anthony Viljoen, CEO, AfriTin Mining
10:40 Simon Taylor, MD, Oklo Resources
10:50 Clifford Elphick, CEO, Gem Diamonds
11:00 Patrick Downey, President & CEO, Orezone Gold
11:10 Matthew Yates, CEO & MD, Orecorp
11:20 Steve Parsons, Executive Director, African Gold
• Why is the journey through exploration stage becoming more difficult?
• Resource replacement needs – How significant is the global resource gap between current mined ounces and new ounces coming online?
• Where are the new projects coming from and who is financing them?
• With increased cost of capital, on market and PE preference for lower risk producers, how will explorers survive and find funding?
• Addressing the liquidity problem – Could higher gold prices spur a new wave of capital into exploration?
• Would an major success story trigger investor appetite for early stage projects?
Terence Van Der Hoot,Portfolio Manager, Commodity Discovery Fund
Mike Paterson, Investment Associate, Resource Capital Funds
Andrew Brown, Exploration Manager Africa, B2 Gold Corp
12:00 Joe Walsh, MD, Lepidico
12:10 Simon Clarke, EGM Corporate Affairs, Jervois Mining
12:20 Andrew Dinning, President & CEO, Sarama Resources
12:30 Marco Romero, PResident & CEO, Euro Manganese
12:40 Simon Jackson, MD, Kopore
12:50 Brad Sampson, CEO, Kore Potash
14:00 Justin Tremain, MD, Exore Resources
14:10 Robin Birchall, CEO, Giyani Metals
14:20 Chris Reed, MD, Neometals
14:30 Lindsay Owler, Director & CEO, Argonaut Resources
14:40 Ian Stalker, MD, Helium One
14:50 Alex Holmes, CEO, Plateau Energy Metals
• Available forms of project finance for the junior mine builder
• How to maintain share price through the transition to production
• Where are specialist PE funds seeing opportunity and creating value? Is competition rife for the best assets out there?
• Are the banks coming back? How is the environment changing?
• Are metals prices affecting opportunities for off-taker finance?
Moderator: Stuart Olley, Partner, Gowling WLG
Cathy Nader, Principal, Mining Finance, Nedbank
Caroline Donally, Managing Director, Denham Capital
Nick Farr-Jones,Director, Taurus Funds Management
Stefan Eitel, Director Metals & Mining, KfW IPEX Bank
Zimi Maka, CEO & Managing Director, Ausenco
15:40 Peter Ledwidge, MD, Mako Gold
15:50 Gregory Isenor, President & CEO, Roscan Gold
16:00 Phil Hoskins, MD, Graphex Mining
16:10 Howard Golden, CEO, Arrow Minerals
• Where does Africa’s mining sector stand to benefit in the resource rush for battery grade metals?
• Hot picks and top risks:
o Nickel – another strong year – what happens next
wiht Indonesia nickel ore ban?
o Cobalt in the evolving battery mix
o Lithium’s decade? Potential demand impact on price
o Which metals to outperform in 2020?
• Update on battery mix evolution and how miners will meet the electrification demands
David Merriman, Manager, Battery Materials, Roskill
Kwasi Ampofo, Metals Analyst, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
David Whittingham, Group VP, Frontier Stretegic Resources
John Meyer, Partner & Head of Research, SP Angel