• Key drivers for investment through the lifecycle of mining projects
• Good ESG principles are fundamental to successful mines – but how are investors and mining companies improving their dialogue to maintain a license to operate?
• Impact of higher taxes, lower metals prices and lower royalties in some of Africa’s key mining jurisdictions
• Probability of funds returning profits to local stakeholders
Andrew Ferrier, Portfolio Manager, Pacific Road Capital
Johan Dippenaar,CEO, Petra Diamonds
• Why is the journey through exploration stage becoming more difficult?
• Resource replacement needs – How significant is the global resource gap between current mined ounces and new ounces coming online?
• Where are the new projects coming from and who is financing them?
• With increased cost of capital, on market and PE preference for lower risk producers, how will explorers survive and find funding?
• Addressing the liquidity problem – Could higher gold prices spur a new wave of capital into exploration?
• Would an major success story trigger investor appetite for early stage projects?
Terence Van Der Hoot,Portfolio Manager, Commodity Discovery Fund
Mike Paterson, Investment Associate, Resource Capital Funds
• Available forms of project finance for the junior mine builder
• How to maintain share price through the transition to production
• Where are specialist PE funds seeing opportunity and creating value? Is competition rife for the best assets out there?
• Are the banks coming back? How is the environment changing?
• Are metals prices affecting opportunities for off-taker finance?
Moderator: Andrew Newbery,Partner, Gowling WLG
Caroline Donally, Managing Director, Denham Capital
Stefan Eitel, Director Metals & Mining, KfW IPEX Bank
• Where does Africa’s mining sector stand to benefit in the resource rush for battery grade metals?
• Economics and supply side challenges amid the scramble for battery raw materials – can explorers and producers bring supply online quick enough?
• Jurisdictional risks impacting security of supply of critical resources – cobalt providing the risk factor
• Update on development of minimising cobalt in the battery mix
David Merriman, Manager, Battery Materials,Roskill