09:00 Matthew Yates, CEO & MD, OreCorp Limited
09:10 Danny Keating, CEO, Dynamic Mining
09:20 Richard Hyde, Managing Director, West African Resources
09:30 John Dorward, President, CEO & Director, Roxgold
09:40 Stephen Stone, Managing Director, Azumah Resources
09:50 Dan Betts, CEO, Hummingbird Resources
• Sovereign risk landscape across the continent – What are the best and the most difficult jurisdictions for investment in 2019?
• How have investors adjusted to a resurgence of resource nationalism in some key African mining jurisdictions, DRC, South Africa and Tanzania?
• Perspectives from the miner – key challenges being a producing mine in Sub Saharan Africa
• Sustainability and ethics – how is ESG focus evolving across the continent’s resource sector?
Warren Bolttler,, CEO, Price Forbes
Johan Dippenaar, CEO, Petra Diamonds
Peter Major, Director, Mining, Cadiz Corporate Solutions
Richard Crookes, Portfolio Manager, EMR Capital
Robert Still, Chairman, Pangea Exploration
Stephan Vermaak, Principal Investment Officer, IFC
10:30 Adam Smits, Chief Operating Officer, Nzuri Copper
10:40 Simon Clarke, CEO, M2 Cobalt
10:50 David Flanagan, Managing Director, Battery Minerals
11:00 Julian Stephens, Managing Director, Sovereign Metals
11:10 Tim Livesey, CEO, Oriole Resources
11:20 Chris MacKenzie, CEO, Manas Resources
• Accelerated disruption? Why the EV revolution could happen faster than we think
• How does Africa’s mining sector stand to benefit from the global clean energy narrative, EVs and the electrification of everything?
• Economics and supply side challenges amid the scramble for raw battery materials – can explorers and producers bring supply online quick enough?
• Sovereign risks – investor sentiment for difficult yet mineral rich jurisdictions – DRC’s new mining laws – Tanzania’s export bans and taxes?
Clyde Russell, Asia Commodities & Energy Columnist, Thomson Reuters
David Sekgororwana, Senior Industry Development Manager, IDC New Industries SBU
David Merriman, Analyst, EV Material division,Roskill
John Meyer, Partner & Analyst, SP Angel
Sophie Lu,Head of Metals & Mining, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
12:10 Brent Nykoliation, SVP Corporate Development, NEXTSOURCE Materials
12:20 Andrew Spinks, Managing Director, Kibaran Resources
12:30 Chris Reed, MD & CEO, Neometals
12:40 Mark Gasson, Executive Director, Taruga Minerals
12:50 William Dawes, CEO, Mkango Resources
• Considering the availability of mine finance to the junior sector – What size and type of project can secure funding at present?
• Which creative sources and alternative structures are available to take a mine into production?
• Will stream and royalties financing remain as popular for mining companies if traditional debt and equity markets continue to resurface?
• How has the bank lending environment changed over the last 12 months?
• Is appetite returning for early stage – can greenfield projects be confident of finding that much needed capital in this market?
• Responses to a new era funding – crowdfunding and the rise of internet-based financing
Andrew Newbury, Partner,Gowling WLG
Henry Turner, Principal – Mining Finance, Nedbank
Randy Smallwood, CEO, Wheaton Precious
Sean Russo, Managing Director, Noah’s Rule
14:30 Hayden Locke, CEO, Emmerson PLC
14:40 Russell Clark, CEO, Kasbah Resources Limited
14:50 Michael Masterman, Chairman, W Resources
15:00 Pine van Wyk, CEO, Namibia Critical Metals
15:10 Robin Birchall, CEO, Giyani Metals
15:20 Bernard Aylward, CEO, Kodal Minerals
• Implications of economic discoveries not keeping up with production
• Assessing the intensity of the current market for majors to find new projects and deposits
• What are the advantages for nimble juniors in new exploration plays?
• Is now the time for smart money to flow into exploration? How can investors recognise the ability of a technical team to succeed?
• What are the critical steps to improve the share price and attract a major?
Douglas Jack, Exploration Consultant, First Quantum Minerals
Rudolph de Bruin, Founding Partner, AMED Funds
Willem Middelkoop, Founder, Commodity Discovery Fund
16:00 Heye Daun, CEO & Founder, Osino Resources
16:10 Caigen Wang, Managing Director, Tietto Minerals
16:20 Peter Ledwidge, Managing Director, Mako Gold
16:30 Lynda Burnett, Managing Director, Sipa Resources
16:40 Bill Guy, Chairman, Theta Gold Mines
16:50 Grant Ferguson, Managing Director, Kopore Metals
• Is the link between sustainability and profitability changing investment agendas?
• How are investment funds and private capital incorporating sustainability and ethical impacts into their portfolios?
• Ability to raise funds for mining in difficult jurisdictions – What are LPs looking for in terms of conscious capital?
Amanda van Dyke, Fund Manager, South River Asset Management
Benjamin Gatland,, Executive Director, Partner Africa
Jan Fuchter,, Director – CS & PF, Efic
Sacha Akira Backes, Senior Investment Officer, Mining, IFC