• Sovereign risk landscape across the continent – What are the best and the most difficult jurisdictions for investment in 2019?
• How have investors adjusted to a resurgence of resource nationalism in some key African mining jurisdictions, DRC, South Africa and Tanzania?
• Perspectives from the miner – key challenges being a producing mine in Sub Saharan Africa
• Sustainability and ethics – how is ESG focus evolving across the continent’s resource sector?
Johan Dippenaar, CEO, Petra Diamonds
Peter Major, Director, Mining, Cadiz Corporate Solutions
Richard Crookes, Portfolio Manager, EMR Capital
Robert Still, Chairman, Pangea Exploration
Johan Bester, Project Manager, Thebe Investment Corporation
Mandi Dungwa, Equity Analyst, Kagiso Asset Management
• Accelerated disruption? Why the EV revolution could happen faster than we think
• How does Africa’s mining sector stand to benefit from the global clean energy narrative, EVs and the electrification of everything?
• Economics and supply side challenges amid the scramble for raw battery materials – can explorers and producers bring supply online quick enough?
• Sovereign risks – investor sentiment for difficult yet mineral rich jurisdictions – DRC’s new mining laws – Tanzania’s export bans and taxes?
Aline Carnizelo, Investment Director, Pala Investment
Rick Squire, Portfolio Manager,Acorn Capital
Shoaib Vayej,Executive Director, Afena Capital
James Rattenbury, Senior Associate, Resource Capital Funds
• Considering the availability of mine finance to the junior sector – What size and type of project can secure funding at present?
• Which creative sources and alternative structures are available to take a mine into production?
• Will stream and royalties financing remain as popular for mining companies if traditional debt and equity markets continue to resurface?
• How has the bank lending environment changed over the last 12 months?
• Is appetite returning for early stage – can greenfield projects be confident of finding that much needed capital in this market?
• Responses to a new era funding – crowdfunding and the rise of internet-based financing
Henry Turner, Principal – Mining Finance, Nedbank
Julian Treger, CEO and Executive Director, Anglo Pacific
Randy Smallwood, CEO, Wheaton Precious
• Implications of economic discoveries not keeping up with production
• Assessing the intensity of the current market for majors to find new projects and deposits
• What are the advantages for nimble juniors in new exploration plays?
• Is now the time for smart money to flow into exploration? How can investors recognise the ability of a technical team to succeed?
• What are the critical steps to improve the share price and attract a major?
Rudolph de Bruin, Founding Partner, AMED Funds
Willem Middelkoop, Founder, Commodity Discovery Fund
• Is the link between sustainability and profitability changing investment agendas?
• How are investment funds and private capital incorporating sustainability and ethical impacts into their portfolios?
• Ability to raise funds for mining in difficult jurisdictions – What are LPs looking for in terms of conscious capital?
Amanda van Dyke, Fund Manager, South River Asset Management
Sacha Akira Backes, Senior Investment Officer, Mining, IFC