• Observations on the current macro-influences impacting the mining sector – US and China trade war, Brexit, Section 232, EV Boom, rising interest rates.
• What can management teams be focusing on to maximise value creation – cost discipline, investing in growth, M&A or rewarding shareholder patience with dividend
• What needs to change for the much required capital to flow back into the sector?
• With a changing landscape for the mining sector generally how is the exploration space holding up?
• Is both active and passively managed funds important for exploration activities?
Joe Mazumdar, Economic Geologist,Exploration Insights
15:30 – Alternative Finance Panel:ow is financing evolving for the junior mining sector?
• What are the parameters and risk disciplines financiers set when assessing a mining company?
• Current geopolitical climate from the US – how is this affecting financing of mineral extraction companies?
• Can streams and royalties be expected to continue to perform well in more positive market conditions?
• Are new mines brought into production fast enough to satisfy global demand increases?