• Observations on the current macro-influences impacting the mining sector – US and China trade negotations, Brexit outcome, Section 232, rising interest rates.
• What should mining management teams be focusing on to
maximise value creation – cost discipline, investing in growth, M&A or rewarding shareholder patience with dividend
Shanquan Li, Portfolio Manager, Oppenheimer Funds
Jon Lamb, , Portfolio Manger, Orion Resource Partners
Douglas Groh, Portfolio Manager,Tocqueville
• How have juniors been performing relative to their stock price? Is the junior segment currently undervalued?
• Silver outlook – how is silver set to perform? Is the upside still attractive for precious metals investors?
• Is enough invesment going into exploration, with high grade and economically recoverable deposits few and far between
Moderator: Daniela Cambone, Editor-In-Chief, Kitco
Trey Reik, Senior Portfolio Manager, Sprott Asset Management
Chris Mancini, Analyst, , Gabelli Asset Management
Alain Halimi, Director, Specialized Finance, Commonwealth Bank
Kerry Smith, Senior Mining Analyst, Haywood Securities
• Examinig lithiom-Ion battery technology and the risks to scale up
• Global demand driving battery innovation and increasing range
• Nickel-rich scenario analysis – upside to cobalt demand
Kimberly Bermn, Special Projects Analyst, BMO
• From EVs to Gigafactories – How is demand growth for lithium-ion, cobalt, nickel and graphite stackingup against forecasts?
• Cobalt – supply chain risks and evolution in manufacturers battery mix?
• Is there enough capital going into exploration to keep up with demand for battery metals?
Philip Ho, Portfolio Manger , Long State Investments
Yayoi Sekine, Senior Associate , , Bloomberg NEF
Chris Berry, Founder, , House Mountain Partners