• How will mining react to a world working its way through the coronavirus and lingering trade disputes?
• Risks surrounding China’s commodity output
• Production and expansion plans – is growth back on the agenda for the world’s largest miners? Will M&A continue to replace organic growth and exploration spend?
• What transitions are we seeing in the ecosystem for financing junior mining projects? Will equity scarcity bring project development on quicker?
• Miners and investors influence on creating a sustainable future – adjusting to capitalise on opportunities from ESG and sustainable investing principles
• Identifying the triggers for a successful discovery – evaluating junior explorers
• Performing with scarce liquidity and greater scrutiny across the sector
• Where should junior explorers focus to improve cost discipline and maintain share price during the eerily stage mine lifecycle?
• Will the gold bull market escalate – investor views on factors determining gold price movement in the mitd-term
• Will peaking prices help capital rotate from passive ETFs and options on the metals to feed back into gold equities?
• Performance of majors and juniors relative to share price
• Palladium’s price rally – how to play palladium’s hot period
• Exploration vs M&A – is growth back on the agenda?
• How do investors approach silver equities within a diversified portfolio? Are there enough quality projects out there?
Lawrence Leopard, Partner, Equity Management Associates